Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cleaning Out the Camera - 3.1

Mini Series 3.1

Christmas Eve.

On Christmas Eve my family has a tradition of acting out the nativity. It is really fun. Everyone dresses up and my dad and grandpa read from the scriptures the story of Christ's birth. This has always been a way for us to keep Christ at the forefront of our Christmas celebration.
I didn't get too many pictures of the nativity because I was in it...but here are a couple.

Chris and I were sheep...notice our sheep ears!

and here are the Three Wise Man. Yes, those are crowns made from balloons!


Another tradition we do on Christmas Eve is have a family talent show. Everyone has to participate.
There are lots of different talents.
Many choose to play the piano...

Hannah acted like a frog...


More playing the piano...


David  caught 20 coins off his elbow.


Lindsey did a magic trick.


Sarah and Aaron sang a song and then showed a slide show of all the fish they had caught throughout the year.


As you can tell from the "talents" it was pretty funny!


Even the adults did talents. It made for some good memories!

In case anyone was wondering... for my talent I made Lou's famous hot chocolate.



For Chris's talent, we hooked up his ipod to an ihome and then I played a song and he guessed the song and artist in under 7 seconds!  He can do this for almost every song on his ipod, but we only went through 20 for his talent. Unfortunately, I was running the ipod so I didn't get a picture of Chris's talent.
Needless to say, everyone was duly impressed with our mad skills. 

Also on Christmas Eve, we open stockings from Grandma and Grandpa and eat tons of wonderful food. 
Happy Christmas Eve!

(3.2 coming soon...)

No comments:

Post a Comment