Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend at Tyler

This past Saturday almost all of my family was in Tyler, TX to celebrate Dad, Davanee, and Jordan's Birthdays! People who were there: Mom, Dad, Lindsey, David, Matthew, Mark, Hannah, Dalin, Aaron, Natalie, Jordan, Bryan, Meredith, Davanee, Me and Chris, Sarah and her Aaron, Grandma and Grandpa Murdock, Cherie, Kelly, and Amy. Whew that is a lot of people! Why Tyler? My brother Aaron has a house there that can 'fit' almost everyone!!
After everyone got there and got settled, the boys pulled out their hunting bows. So everyone went outside to watch them shoot. and then the girls got in on the action (well some of us tried!)!! 
Chris could pull back both of the bow really easy. My little bow hunter!! We might have to look into buying a bow in the future! We had so much fun!
 Aaron and Bryan and David all had no problems either!
 At first David was only shooting Aaron's bow. It was easier to pull, even I did it. Then he decided to shoot Bryan's bow. He got the bow back, released the arrow, hit the hay bale, but he forgot to make sure his arm was out of the way so the bow snapped back and popped him in the arm. All we heard was 'Oh Crap!' Then David's arm blew up like a balloon! You can't tell how swollen it is right here...but it still looks bad! Luckily he iced it really quick and he was feeling better after a little while!
 

Here I am with the Aaron's bow. I pulled it back all by myself.  I shot the bow three times. The first time I shot it I just barely skimmed the hay bale. Before I tell you about my second shot, I need to let you know that Aaron has goats living to the side and behind his house. One my second shot my spectators got me laughing and the last thing I hear before I let go was "and don't kill my goats" but I was laughing and overshot the hay bale. I missed a goat by about a foot! Luckily the goats were called back to the side field and I was able to shoot again. This time I hit the hay bale almost in the center!
 At first I was the only girl who could pull back the bow. Then Sarah gave it a shot and became the second and also the last girl who could shoot!
 She did struggle with it, but after you pull it back once it gets a little easier each time.
 My mom did give it a try. She almost had it!


 This is Sarah's second shot. Luckily there weren't any goats because she over shot the hay bale too and most def would of hit a goat if there had been any!!

Before any of us girls tried to shoot, Sarah and Lindsey found some big sticks. Aaron's house when he bought it came with a pool, but it wasn't in any shape to swim in. So Lindsey and Sarah used to sticks to see what was lurking beneath the murky water!




 



After everyone played outside we went in for presents dinner and cake! It was Jordan's 1st birthday so of course she had to get some cake on her face!


Davanee also wanted some cake and although I don't have a picture but she was found sitting next to the cake and there were bite marks taken out of the sides of the cake!

What a GREAT weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment