Saturday, October 8, 2011

What I Do With My Time Now

Ever since I got the craft bug about a month ago I had been finding some really cool sewing patterns that I wanted to try. The only problem, I didn't have a sewing machine and you can only use fabric glue for so much. (I used it on the my place-mat pillows and it is already starting to come undone) I found pinterest and my desire to have a sewing machine only increased! Then...about two weeks ago one weekend when Chris had a huge amount of homework I decided to home and have some family time. On Wednesday of that week my mom called me and said that someone was GIVING her a sewing machine. It was an older machine and she wasn't sure if it still worked, but she was going to take it in and have it looked at and if it was good, then I would get to keep it. A couple days she called and told me that it was in fact a great machine and now she was considering keeping the "new" machine and give me her machine. My mom used to have a great machine, it was her mothers, but earlier this year it broke and it was going to cost too much to fix it, so had to buy a new singer. It wasn't as good as her old machine but it was still a good one. I didn't care which machine I got I was super excited to be getting any machine. Long story short, mom kept the older "new" machine and I have her machine! 

The first thing I did was fix Chris's shorts...

The first fun thing I did was sew a new Temple Bag!
I didn't take any pictures of the process because I was learning a new sewing machine, but I LOVE the finished product.

 It transforms into a garment bag for my temple dress!




There is also a large pocket on the front to hold all of my other temple stuff.




 My 'new' sewing machine!
 The sewing desk was my mom's and my grandma's! I wish I had a picture of the machine that my mom kept. It came with the coolest sewing table I have ever seen. It had so many drawers and shelves. The coolest one was a secret shelf that you pulled out of the top of the desk that held spools of thread.



This is my mom's old machine, the desk was made for it and it tucks in when you aren't using it. It was going to be thrown away, so I decided to keep it with the desk. It has a lot of memories with it and I think it will look cool in my 'way in the future' sewing room!
Now the only thing to decide is what to sew next!

No comments:

Post a Comment